Online Auction Information
Step 1: Each skier needs to solicit 2 donated items from area companies.
- Sign up for 2 companies to solicit on the google sheet
- Take the attached solicitation letter with you when you approach the company for a donation- be sure to sign your name to the letter.
- Make an arrangement for pick up of item
- Mark on the Google sheet if you were successful (or not) in getting donation
- Send attached thank you note to company for their donation (be sure to sign)
- Keep doing above until you have 2 items to share (you may be told a company has already done all their donations for the year- keep looking on the google doc for which companies have not been approached)
Where to begin:
- Top categories include: Travel, Sports & Entertainment Tickets, Dining Gift Cards, Unique Experiences
- Look through your list of contacts. Who do you know that can get unique items? Do you have any connections to a local sports team? How about a friend of a friend who works for Burton or owns a B&B or has tickets to UVM hockey games? Or a pro team?
- Look at the google sheet to pick out a company that you know or like or feel comfortable approaching
- Think about it: what do you buy? Where do you shop? If you buy it, others are probably buying it too!
- Feel free to add companies to the google spreadsheet- we want to keep a record of who is asking who!
- Don’t be scared to ask (even more than once!)
- Go to the stores and businesses you frequent often and tell them what your organization is up to.
- What will the business get out of it?
- Exposure on your auction site (clickable logo)
- Exposure to people outside of the community
- Use the Solicitation Letter to help explain the auction
- Ask the donor for as much detail as possible about the item: Expiration/Black out dates, special instructions
- We will use their company logo from the internet- ask to make sure this is okay. If they want a different logo on the auction page they can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is the appropriate contact person for any follow up questions?
- Use Special Notes to explain any restrictions (“for school parents only”), shipping & handling, and/or black out dates
- Fill out half sheet of paper with item information (see below)
- BRING DONATED ITEM INTO room 200 (Fairbanks) with note stating who item is from and other relevant information for auction manager to identify item.
Important Auction Dates:
Nov 27- First Day of Practice
Dec 1 - all auction items in (if you get them earlier get them to Sarah asap!)
Dec 3-10- Auction goes live